Friday, November 5, 2010

Halloween & Goodbyes

So, this final week at Bright Start (before the new school opened) was quite eventful. I had to say goodbye to a few of my favorite children that have been there forever as they made their way to a ‘new’ and ‘better’ school. It was tough watching them walk out on that last day.. But on the Friday before Halloween they got to wear their costumes and they were just all so cute. My little brother was Batman, another little girl was Superwoman. There were princesses and fairies and even Velma from Scooby-Doo! There was one little girl, Madilyn, who told me she was going to be a “dunk.” And when I looked in her backpack to see her costume- it was a skunk costume! They were all SO adorable. So while saying goodbye that day was hard, it was made easier by reminding me why I took this job in the first place; because children make me smile. We played Halloween games with them, made Halloween crafts with them, and one of the girls named Layne kept persistently requesting that I play the song “The Monster Mash” on the Friday before Halloween. When I went home that day, I could not get that stupid song out of my head. And all day long, one of the older boys that goes there, Antonio, was doing the dance to ‘thriller.’ Some days, it isn’t all bad taking care of children. Just as long as they don’t drive me crazy, I think I’m good.

No comments:

Post a Comment