Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Patches & Bee Stings!

So I recently found out that as of November 1st, our daycare would be losing ten children due to a new, more expensive school that is opening up just down the road. A lot of my favorites are leaving and it has me really depressed that they’re actually looking forward to go : ( They call it the “Elephant School” and I’m not exactly sure why. There’s one girl named Katarina who has been there ever since I first started working there, almost a year ago. I think of all the children going to the new school, I’m going to miss her the most.
So this past week, the owner of Bright Start bought a bunch of little pumpkins and set up a mini “pumpkin patch” just outside back doors. The children loved it! They went absolutely crazy over it. They all went outside and picked out their perfect, ideal, pretty little pumpkins and brought them inside. They painted faces on them, and the little ones stuck stickers on them : ) They all came out so adorable! But while outside, my little brother started yelling that there was a bug near him, and five seconds later…
“MY OUCH!!!” he was yelling. My poor little brother got stung by a bee! It was the funniest/cutest/saddest little thing I’ve ever seen. My mom threw a fit when she came to pick him up that day but he didn’t seem to mind about his bee sting. He just grabbed his pumpkin and showed my mom, while yelling “My punkin!” I swear to god I don’t know what I’d do without him at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment