Sunday, October 3, 2010

Too many kids...

This past week at Bright Start wasn’t too interesting.. however, it was actually a good week. My boss gave me Friday off :) So I only worked four days. And two out of those four days, I got to work with my friend Jill who I never get to work with anymore, yay! My boss was feeling sick so she went home early, and my brother Connor (who’s her favorite) got to come into the pre-k room for the day with Jill and I. It was nice actually working with someone for a change, since I normally watch 7-12 kids by myself. But on this particular day, there was an abundance of children (17 to be exact) and the pre-school room, which Jill works in, only had 11 children and two people working there. So she got to work in my room, and we basically wreaked havoc upon the pre-k children’s lives.

During the course of that day, I was mauled by children, “thrown into jail” by a little girl, and tricked by another little girl into giving her a muffin. Kids these days are a lot smarter than they look.. I also decided it would be fun to do coloring with the kids, and when they do coloring, I normally end up coloring pictures too. I believe it’s the kid inside me. I drew a picture of Ariel the Little Mermaid, and of Elmo. These two sisters, Layne and Lindsey, kept saying how much they loved the pictures I drew and wanted to take them home. But then all the other kids kept saying they wanted me to draw them one too and I didn’t have time. So to be fair, I told them no one could have them. But Layne and Lindsey are usually the last ones picked up by their mom at the end of the day, so when I was cleaning I snuck the pictures inside their backpack. Their tiny little faces lit up when they went to go get their backpacks and saw this and its things like that, that make me love and appreciate my job a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment